All Associate Young Leader and Student Members are eligible to apply for the 2016 ULI Fall Meeting Scholarship!
2016 ULI Columbus Young Leader Fall Meeting Scholarship Application
One Young Leader or Student member of ULI Columbus will be awarded a scholarship to attend the 2016 Fall Meeting in Dallas, Texas from October 24-27, 2016. The scholarship will include complimentary registration and a $1500 reimbursement of expenses related to hotel, airfare, local transport, and meals.
Applicants are requested to complete an online application with the following:
- Complete online application with basic information, ULI engagement, and essay (400 word maximum) addressing the question: “How will involvement in ULI and attendance at the Fall Meeting serve your long-term professional interests in addition to the growth of our district council?”
- Signed letter from employer/school indicating support of application and confirmation that it will not cover applicant’s costs related to the Fall Meeting. Download the template for the 2016 ULI Columbus YL Fall Meeting Scholarship Support Letter; not required if self-employed or unemployed.
The winning candidate will be determined according to the following criteria:
- Level of ULI engagement
- Demonstration of commitment to real estate and land use issues
- Articulation of benefit of ULI involvement and Fall Meeting attendance to applicant’s interests and profession
The winning candidates will be notified by September 30th. The winning candidates are required to participate in the following activities:
- Attend the ULI East Central Region Mixer on Wednesday, October 26th
- Write a short essay (300-400 words) summarizing key takeaways from the Fall Meeting, to be posted on the ULI Columbus website.
How to apply:
Online applications should be completed before 11:59 pm on September 25th.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com